JennAir, luxury appliance leader and Modernism Week sponsor, will bring together defiant female designers for a panel discussion on how they’ve rejected expectations to drive progress in their fields. The panel, moderated by Kimberly Drew, art curator and writer, will include cross-disciplinary perspectives on design with featured panelists including: Jessica McConnell, senior design manager at JennAir; Sophia Chang, designer and illustrator; Esther Garcia, tattoo artist; and Emily Oberg, creative director and fashion designer.
In their conversation, they’ll uncover:
- How they dominate their industry and the challenges they faced in getting there
- Their personal rebellions against convention and expectation
- Where they source design inspiration and how they fight stagnation and creative fatigue
- What excites them for the future of design and the trends we need to watch now
- The representation of women in design and architecture industries
Things to Know
The organizer of this event is JennAir.
Event Check-in Location
Modernism Week CAMP, 230 Museum Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262
Photo Credits: Modernism Week
|No items available.|