Get to know the movers and shakers who shaped the city’s growth and development during the economic boom of the midcentury. Learn how visionary local architects E. Stewart Williams, Larry Lapham, and Donald Wexler as well as large nationally recognized architectural firms Victor Gruen & Associates and Pereira & Luckman were able to incorporate the Modern International Movement adapting their structures to the often-harsh desert climate while embracing the incredible views of the surrounding mountains.
Things to Know
- Tour duration: 2 hours.
- This tour will view EXTERIORS ONLY led by a docent.
- Free neighborhood street parking.
- Please wear comfortable shoes, sunscreen, hats, and bring water.
- Please no pets; service dogs welcome.
- All tour duration times are approximate.
- This event is organized by the Palm Springs Historical Society.
Event Check-in Location
This event occurs in Palm Springs. The event address will be printed on the ticket.
Photo Credits: Coachella Valley Savings & Loan – Architect E. Stewart Williams. Alan Ladd Hardware – Architects Kaptur-Lapham. City National Bank – Architect Victor Gruen Associates. © 2018 Palm Springs Historical Society All Rights Reserved.
|No items available.|