Mod with a Twist is a series of five 10-minute presentations highlighting the fun, craziness and madness of the midcentury. This event has virtually SOLD OUT every night for the past 6 years at Modernism Week. Attendees are guaranteed to laugh, gasp and learn something new while enjoying a complimentary glass of wine. The following presentations are included:
• Guide to Easier Living: How Mary and Russel Wright revolutionized the way Americans lived and entertained.
• Dinner Theatre: Re-live the days when dining didn’t just taste good – it included table-side entertainment.
• From Hoedown to Hollywood: How blue jeans helped men feel manly again in the mid-century.
• How the Flintstones Changed my Life: Find out which U.S. city served as the model for the Flintstones’ Bedrock.
• Beauty and the Bank: Why even the architect doubted this amazing structure in LA would ever get built.
Included in the ticket price is a tour of the former manager's home at the Desert Star, a Class One Historic Property. This home has been featured in several books and is filled with vintage furniture and art. Designed by Howard Lapham in 1954.
Things to Know
This event is for ages 12 and older.
Plenty of free street parking.
There are some exterior and/or interior steps.
The organizer of this event is Makerville, LLC.
Event Check-in Location
The Desert Star, 1611 S. Calle Palo Fierro, Palm Springs, CA 92264
Photo Credits: Makerville, LLC, Public Domain (Google)
|No items available.|